This scholarship offers an impactful way to combine the RWIEF’s mission and the values of past IRWA leaders. The goal of this program is to identify and support mid-cycle members who can be future IRWA leaders by funding their pursuit of IRWA credentials and professional development. One $2,500 scholarship toward IRWA education courses will be available to each of IRWA’s 68 Chapters within the 10 Regions. The RWIEF will fund the program (up to $170,000) for two years from June 2022 to May 2024. IRWA will manage the program.
Scholarship candidates must have the following to qualify:
- An active, good-standing IRWA membership for at least five years
- RWA or RWP designation
- Served as a former or current Chapter or Region officer, or on a Chapter committee
- Submit an essay of 300 words or less describing 1.) what they see as their strongest or current potential contribution to the IRWA and how this scholarship would enhance their capacity to make contributions, 2.) what excites them about IRWA’s future and that of the right of way profession, and 3.) what role they want to have in the future of the profession and IRWA
To apply, visit www.irwaonline.org and click on “Leaders Light the Way Memorial Scholarship” under the education tab.
- Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2022
- Selections will be made by March 1, 2022
- Grantees will be notified by May 1, 2022
- Scholarship awards must be used within two years from June 1, 2022
- All courses may be taken in person, on demand or virtually
To learn more about this scholarship and other ways the RWIEF supports IRWA’s mission, visit https://www.rwief.org